Sponsors revealed for West Suffolk Sports Awards
- Credit: Archant
With the hours counting down to the 2018 West Suffolk Sports Awards the sponsors for the individual categories have been announced.
Joining headline sponsor Greene King are Anglian Water, Allied Health Professionals Suffolk; Iliffe Media, KiiWii Clothing and Promotions, Music Sales Ltd, Newmarket Racecourses, New Print, Paddy and Scotts, Suffolk Sport, Unison and West Suffolk College.
This is the second joint sports awards for West Suffolk delivered by Abbeycroft Leisure on behalf of St Edmundsbury and Forest Heath councils and this year it will be set against the stunning backdrop of Tattersalls, in Newmarket, and is being staged on Thursday.
Andy Drummond and Joanna Rayner, Cabinet members respectively for Forest Heath District Council and St Edmundsbury Borough Council said: “We are delighted to be working with forward looking local businesses whose sponsorship helps local people realise all kinds of sporting potential. Our councils have made healthy, strong families and communities a priority and through their contribution these businesses are helping raise awareness of the social and mental wellbeing that comes with physical activity.”
Warren Smyth, Abbeycroft Leisure’s CEO, added: “We have been overwhelmed again this year with the response from the local business community in supporting us to make the sports awards evening a success.
You may also want to watch:
“The event has a slightly different format this year because of the unique setting that we’ll be in at the world famous Tattersalls, but we’re confident it will give our local sporting talent the platform it deserves.”
Find out more about the awards http://acleisure.com/events/sports-awards
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 5 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 9 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 10 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border