Date hairdressers and barbers set to reopen revealed
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Salon owners across Suffolk are preparing to reopen in July – with some already completely booked out for their first week.
Loose Ends, a unisex salon in Needham Market, is planning to reopen on July 4, the earliest date that the government has suggested hairdressers and barbers could be open.
Bosses at big salon chains such as Toni & Guy – which has stores in Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich – said they are also planning to open next month.
Rebecca Folkard, the salons owner, said: “At the moment they’re saying July 4 is the earliest we can open, so unless anything changes that is when we will open.
She said the salon would be operating with measures in place to protect staff and customers.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll be allowing 15 minutes after every client to sanitise the whole area and clean all of the tools used,” she said. “We’ll be in disposable aprons which will be changed after every client. We’ll all be wearing masks, and gloves when we can. All the customers will be issued with hand sanitiser and masks as they walk through the door.
“We’re going to be opening longer hours and we’ll be open seven days a week to try and get the same amount of customers through the door because each client will take longer.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 10 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
“There will be a lot less footfall through the door in a day and we’ll have less staff in at a time so that we can social distance.”
The salon is likely to be busy when it reopens: “We’ve had a lot of calls, but we’re trying to get in touch with our regular customers and get them booked in, in a fair manner.
“The first week we’re planning to open is fully booked, but we’re trying not to overbook at the moment in case the date is put back or anything.”