Wherstead: Catering firm joins The Cookhouse at Suffolk Food Hall
An expanding catering firm is set to join a new artisan food ‘incubator’ taking shape at Wherstead, near Ipswich.
The Main Ingredient, a Suffolk catering company founded by James Alexander, plans to grow with its move to The Cookhouse at Suffolk Food Hall.
It will be using its new home to showcase its fine dining catering and says the venue will serve as its headquarters and as a shop window for its products, including tastings, demonstrations and wine sampling.
In recent months, the business has been exceeding all expectations, and has recorded an increase in enquiries and sales.
The already strong sandwich business will be developed online, allowing businesses to place orders for next day delivery. This service will continue to operate from the current premises, allowing an increase in production, and enabling the recruitment of at least five more staff.
You may also want to watch:
“Our plans to expand and move to The Suffolk Hall come at the right time for the business, quality across our catering and sandwich business has built a strong customer base, we hope to continue this and deliver the services we are known for,” said Mr Alexander.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 6 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 7 Woman's body found in village home
- 8 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 9 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 10 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook