Woodbridge: Farmers’ produce on sale at town food market this month
- Credit: Archant
A not-for-profit organisation is staging a food market in Woodbridge this month against the backdrop of the Suffolk Local Food Challenge.
The challenge encourages volunteers to try to stick to food and drink grown, raised, caught, produced and/or processed within a 30-mile radius of wherever they live.
Choose Woodbridge, an organisation which works to promote the town and surrounding area, and local businesses are organising What’s Tasty in Woodbridge, a food market which will take place on the town’s Market Hill on Saturday, September 21, from 10am to 4pm.
The event is sponsored by NFU Mutual and brings together produce from local companies including Friday Street and Goslings Farm Shops, The Cake Shop, The Woodbridge Tide Mill, Roadii, Maximus Fish, Sutton Hoo Chicken, Charsfield Apple Juice, Memorable Cheeses, Casa De L’oli, Dingley Dell Pork, Petite & Sweet, The Artisan Smokehouse Ltd, The Woodbridge Kitchen Company, The Suffolk Larder, The Greek Olive Company, New Twist Foods, Symon the Pieman, Stokes Sauces, Heidi’s Popcorn Box, The Angel and Market Garden Produce.
There will be live music and cooking demonstrations from local chefs Ugur Vata from The Galley and Vernon Blackmore from The Table in Woodbridge plus a horse and cart to take people up to Market Hill from the Riverside and The Thoroughfare and return them.
You may also want to watch:
The event is also organised by The Galley, The Table, The Cake Shop and Friday Street Farm.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo