Woodbridge: New management at the Cherry Tree public house
A WOODBRIDGE pub is under new management, with plans to focus on quality local and regional food.
Hospitality professionals James Buckingham and Andy Thompson have taken on a joint tenancy of the popular Adnams public house the Cherry Tree, on Ipswich Road, and are already planning menu changes and regular customer events.
James, 29, has been a chef for more than 12 years and has previously worked at Satis House, the Spice Bar in Ipswich and Scotts Brasserie. In more recent times he has held head chef roles at the Kings Head in Woodbridge and the Greyhound in Ipswich.
He said: “I’m passionate about food and in particular about local ingredients and suppliers, so I’m really looking forward to creating a menu which maximises on that quality of regional produce.
“I’ve always wanted my own pub and am so excited about moving back to Woodbridge – a place which deservedly has an excellent reputation for food.”
You may also want to watch:
Andy, 30, grew up in Woodbridge and having worked as a prison officer for almost 10 years, has been enjoying a change of direction into hospitality.
He said: “I needed a change and planned on doing a few shifts behind a bar whilst I worked out what I was going to do next. Within a few days I knew this was something I wanted to do more permanently and I was lucky enough to meet James who had the same ideas about how we felt a pub should be.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 9 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
“We’re wanting to maintain and build on the terrifically loyal clientele which has built up at the Cherry Tree in Woodbridge in recent years, plus bring in a new and exciting menu with lots of seasonal produce.”