PR boss's delight at success of construction magazine
- Credit: Satsuma Group
A Suffolk PR boss said she was "immensely proud" after working on a construction magazine now up for a prestigious award.
The Hard Hat - a magazine for construction company Anderson - has been shortlisted for the Best Magazine title at the Institute of Internal Communications National Awards 2022.
Judges were impressed with the magazine's statistics - including a readership of 4,500 per edition, more than 10,000 downloads and a 51.2% increase in social media followers.
Ellen Widdup, managing director at Woodbridge-based PR firm Satsuma, said: “We are immensely proud of this magazine and the effect it has had on the Anderson business. It’s also incredibly fun to work on.
“Getting shortlisted for a national award is a fantastic achievement for our team and comes exactly a year after we founded the business."
Anderson chief executive Andrew Jay said the magazine was "constantly praised by the thousands of people who read it".
“Our productive working relationship with Satsuma has led to the creation of a ground-breaking publication – The Hard Hat – that celebrates our business successes and our people. This was an idea I had that became a reality thanks to their hard work.
- 1 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 2 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 3 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 4 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 5 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 6 'Incredible' firefighters spend nearly 12 hours tackling forest blaze
- 7 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
- 8 North Stander: The early signs are very positive for Town
- 9 Range Rover stolen from home in east Suffolk
- 10 Thousands head to Helmingham car show
“They have worked on every edition from its inception – improving and enhancing the product as we evolve and increasing pagination to include the growing number of incredible stories from our team on site to our staff in the office and from our contractors, our clients and our suppliers."