Suffolk gastropub closes after positive Covid case
- Credit: Tim Bowden
Suffolk gastropub the Unruly Pig is closing for a few days despite Public Health England saying they do not have to.
The Bromeswell pub has had a staff member test positive through a lateral flow test in one of its three weekly tests.
All of its other workers have come back with negative tests but owner Brendan Padfield said he took the decision to close in an "abundance of caution".
Mr Padfield said they could be closed longer if the staff member has a positive PCR test but as this is his first time with this dilemma he wants to be cautious first.
If it's negative, he still would like to get guidance from Public Health England on what to do next, and if it comes back positive he will after receiving advice from PHE decide the most cautious option.
You may also want to watch:
"We have been criticized for our over the top safety arrangements," he said. "But most customers really value the steps taken."
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 5 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 6 New-look Cobbold Stand finished - and what a difference it makes!
- 7 Ipswich closing in on Coulson loan signing
- 8 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 9 Crash between two motorbikes
- 10 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move