Dutch barge holiday business scoops dog-friendly award
- Credit: Kevin Snell/Flyibot
A dog-friendly Suffolk holiday homes business has scooped a travel award.
Woodfarm Barges, run by Carl Scott of Woodfarm Barns, took the Best Unique Stay title at the Petspyjamas 2018 Dog-Friendly Travel Awards.
It was one of 12 hotels, cottages, manor houses, pubs with rooms and bed and breakfasts around the UK and Europe to gain an award.
It was judged on criteria including its dog-loving atmosphere and staff, dog access to communal areas and ability to dine with owners, dog facilities and provisions and dog-friendly attractions.
Carl, who owns two Dutch sailing barges, moored at Snape Maltings and Woodbridge respectively, as well as farm holiday cottages, said: “Dog owners often tell us that they struggle to find high quality accommodation for the humans, if they take their dogs.
You may also want to watch:
“It isn’t rocket science. We just focus appealing to and providing for discerning people, who also happen to love taking their dogs on holiday with them. We love having dog owners as we know this is a market where we really make people happy.”
- 2 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 5 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 6 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed
- 10 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash