Writtle University College Emily graduate scoops equine trade award
- Credit: Archant
Writtle University College (WUC) graduate has scooped an equine trade award
Emily Brown, of Witham, was named British Equestrian Trade Association (BETA) Equine Careers Sales Representative of the Year at an awards ceremony.
She studied at Writtle from the age of 16 where she completed a National Diploma in Horse Management. She went on to graduate in 2012 with a BSc (Hons) in Equine Sports Therapy and is now an area sales manager for Thetford-based horse feed firm Allen and Page.
The judge described her as “light, bright, bubbly, focused, dedicated and a joy to talk to.
“I was so surprised,” said Emily. “I’m really happy doing what I do, but I’m new in the industry so I had no expectations to even be nominated.
You may also want to watch:
“My degree at WUC was great and combined a lot of practical experience with theory. The lecturers are fantastic and they gave me amazing support.”
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 5 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 8 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 9 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day