Busy night for county fire crews
FIRE crews in Suffolk were busy overnight dealing with a series of blazes caused by arsonists.Just after 1am, one crew was called to the back of the Iceland store in Chapel Lane, Ipswich, where two wheelie bins had been deliberately set alight.
FIRE crews in Suffolk were busy overnight dealing with a series of blazes caused by arsonists.
Just after 1am, one crew was called to the back of the Iceland store in Chapel Lane, Ipswich, where two wheelie bins had been deliberately set alight.
A few minutes later a crew from Leiston was called out to deal with a suspicious fire - this time a large hay bale in a field near the junction of Red House Lane and Aldeburgh Road in the town.
At 1.41am a fire crew was called to Boss Hall Road, Ipswich, where the cab of a rental lorry was on fire.
You may also want to watch:
The flames were put out by a crew from Princes Street, Ipswich, by 1.55am. Investigation officers said the incident was suspicious.
At 3.30am two crews from Bury St Edmunds dealt with a skip fire in Beetons Way, and at 6.57am firefighters put out a fire in a pile of grass clippings on Rushmere heath, off Bixley Road.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
Yesterday evening crews were also called to deal with an area of heathland 20 metres by 30m ablaze behind Gorselands Primary School in Deben Avenue, Martlesham Heath, and a small patch of grass near the skatepark in Grafton Way, Ipswich.