Buxhall: Community pay tribute to Graham Clark after he was found laying in rural village road
- Credit: Archant
FRIENDS and neighbours have paid tribute to a “caring” man who died while apparently clearing his driveway during the arctic weather.
Graham Clark was found lying in Brettenham Road, Buxhall, near Stowmarket, at about 3.40pm on Tuesday.
A passerby called 999 after finding Mr Clark - who is believed to have been in his 70s - with serious head injuries.
Ambulance staff arrived and tried to save him but he died at the scene.
Police are investigating the cause of death and are looking into whether Mr Clark had been clearing snow from his driveway when he hit his head.
David and Jan Green, who live on the road, said Graham had a “heart of gold” and was “loved by his neighbours”.
Mr Green said: “I heard sirens and blue flashing lights, we went out and heard them again and again, there was a huge number of police.
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 6 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
- 7 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 8 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 9 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 10 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
“It’s a very small community. We know and love our neighbours.”
He said he had known Mr Clark for 18 years and described him as someone who would help anyone.
Mr Clark was said to be often seen walking his “much loved” dogs through the village.
Neighbour Sally Thomas said he was a “dear chap” and “a lovely bloke”.
Police closed the road at the junction with Kiln Lane on Tuesday while they carried out their initial investigation.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “The investigation is being carried out which is looking at the cause. One of the possibilities being considered is that Mr Clark was clearing his driveway of snow and then hit his head but all possibilities are being investigated at the moment.”
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward. Call police on 101.