Buxhall: Community pay tribute to Graham Clark after he was found laying in rural village road
- Credit: Archant
FRIENDS and neighbours have paid tribute to a “caring” man who died while apparently clearing his driveway during the arctic weather.
Graham Clark was found lying in Brettenham Road, Buxhall, near Stowmarket, at about 3.40pm on Tuesday.
A passerby called 999 after finding Mr Clark - who is believed to have been in his 70s - with serious head injuries.
Ambulance staff arrived and tried to save him but he died at the scene.
Police are investigating the cause of death and are looking into whether Mr Clark had been clearing snow from his driveway when he hit his head.
You may also want to watch:
David and Jan Green, who live on the road, said Graham had a “heart of gold” and was “loved by his neighbours”.
Mr Green said: “I heard sirens and blue flashing lights, we went out and heard them again and again, there was a huge number of police.
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 4 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
“It’s a very small community. We know and love our neighbours.”
He said he had known Mr Clark for 18 years and described him as someone who would help anyone.
Mr Clark was said to be often seen walking his “much loved” dogs through the village.
Neighbour Sally Thomas said he was a “dear chap” and “a lovely bloke”.
Police closed the road at the junction with Kiln Lane on Tuesday while they carried out their initial investigation.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “The investigation is being carried out which is looking at the cause. One of the possibilities being considered is that Mr Clark was clearing his driveway of snow and then hit his head but all possibilities are being investigated at the moment.”
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward. Call police on 101.