Buxhall: Elderly man dies on Suffolk road after being found with serious head injuries
- Credit: Archant
AN elderly man who was found with serious head injuries, lying on Suffolk road has died, police have said.
The man, who is understood to be in his 70s, was found in Brettenham Road in Buxhall near Stowmarket at around 3.40pm.
He had suffered serious head injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said the cause of his injuries are “unclear at this stage” and appealed for anyone who was in the area and saw or heard anything to come forward.
Sergeant Bob Patterson of Suffolk’s Serious Collision Investigation Team added: “The circumstances surrounding this incident are still unclear. This man has sadly lost his life and we are trying to piece together information to ascertain what happened.
You may also want to watch:
“Initial reports suggest that the man may have fallen into the road, but we are appealing for anyone who may have been in the area and witnessed what happened to get in contact with us.”
The road was closed at the junction of Brettenham Road and Kiln Lane while officers scoured the scene for clues.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 8 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 9 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 10 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
It has since reopened.
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Jason Lambourne on 101.