Who are the four candidates seeking to represent Leiston in next month’s by-election?
- Credit: Archant
Candidates were announced today for an east Suffolk by-election – after four people secured nominations.
People in Leiston will be able to vote on which candidate they would like to represent them at Suffolk Coastal District Council (SCDC) when the polls open next month.
The by-election follows the resignation of former Conservative councillor Ian Pratt, who was one of two members representing Leiston at SCDC.
Notice was given last week that a new councillor was being sought for the town, inviting people to make nominations.
Four candidates were nominated – all women.
You may also want to watch:
They are: Sammy Betson (Independent); Freda Casagrande (Labour); Jules Ewart (Liberal Democrats) and Susan Geater (Conservative).
People have until April 30 to register to vote, if they are not already registered.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
The by-election will be held on Thursday, May 17, from 7am-10pm.