Campaigners ready to fight homes plan
MORE than 400 people are preparing to object to plans for a 33-property development for the third time.Suffolk Heritage Housing Association, a member of Flagship Housing Group, submitted a planning application last year for the social housing development of flats and houses off Haugh Lane, in Woodbridge.
MORE than 400 people are preparing to object to plans for a 33-property development for the third time.
Suffolk Heritage Housing Association, a member of Flagship Housing Group, submitted a planning application last year for the social housing development of flats and houses off Haugh Lane, in Woodbridge.
The scheme for the one-hectare site aim to combat the town's homelessness crisis, but they have been referred back and forth from Suffolk Coastal District Council so that land surveys can be undertaken.
Chris Sears, secretary of the Residents' Association Against Haugh Wood Development, said the proposal goes before the council's development control committee again on April 29.
You may also want to watch:
"I request that neither the woods nor the planning department, nor come to that the district planning committee, be bulldozed by the developers' wishes," he said.
People who have to raise their objections in writing each time there is a new proposal, have written to the council twice and signed a 401-signature petition.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 7 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 8 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 9 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 10 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop
Mr Sears said that if there were a fall in response because people have to reiterate their views it would "not detract from the strength of feeling against this development."
Objectors were given seven fewer days to register their opposition to the development and Mr Sears said this was inadequate time for people to assess and respond to the plans, especially when they have to digest technical details.
Anni Healey, district and town councillor for the ward, said the developers, who have reduced the planned properties from 35, have still not resolved the issue of drainage on the site.
She added: "I think the sites could bear 10 houses but 33 is far too many. There is a lot of concern that there are other places, perhaps if they even looked outside Woodbridge, that they could put more Housing Association properties on.