Canvey: E-fit images released of men in relation to attack with a spanner
- Credit: Contributed
Detectives have released E-fit images of two people they want to speak to following a robbery on Canvey, Essex, where the victim was assaulted with a spanner.
The 33-year-old victim was in Winter Gardens Path at about 5.40am on August 6 when he was approached by two men. He was struck on the back of the head with a spanner before demands were made for his valuables.
They stole goods including his black rucksack, mobile phone, and two pairs of sunglasses.
The victim, who is from Canvey, suffered a cut above his right eye and another behind his left ear.
Investigating officer, Dc Luke Dangerfield, said: “This is a particularly nasty attack as the victim was set upon with a heavy-duty spanner.
You may also want to watch:
“I would appeal to anyone who recognises the faces in these E-fits to get in touch, as well as any witnesses who can shed some more light on what happened to this man.”
Anyone with information is urged to contact Dc Dangerfield, or his colleagues at Southend, on 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 7 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 8 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets