Capel St Mary: Fire crews tackle house blaze
FIRE fighters tackled a blaze at a home in a Suffolk village this afternoon.
The fire broke out at the property in Jermyns Close in Capel St Mary around 2.40pm.
A crew from Princes Street fire station, two from Colchester Road and another from Manningtree were alerted to the scene where they discovered the ground floor of the semi-detached property was alight.
Fire fighters have removed an LPG cylinder from the property to allow it to cool.
A spokesman for the fire brigade said there were reports of people in the house at the time but all people have been accounted for.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed a portable heater was responsible for the blaze
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 6 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown