Motorcyclist left seriously injured after collision
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after a collision with a car.
Police were called to Westley Road in Bury St Edmunds at 6.24pm yesterday after a Citroën Berlingo and a motorbike collided.
A spokesperson for the police said: “Police, ambulance and air ambulance all attended the accident. The rider was then taken to hospital by ambulance with serious injuries.”
A volunteer doctor from the Suffolk Accident Rescue Service was also at the scene, who assessed and treated the motorcyclist and accompanied the patient to hospital.
A spokesperson from Suffolk accident rescue service said: “He sustained serious but non life-threatening injuries.”
A recovery vehicle cleared the road of the damaged vehicles.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 6 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 7 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 8 Motorist was three times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
- 9 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 10 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years