Motorcyclist left seriously injured after collision
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after a collision with a car.
Police were called to Westley Road in Bury St Edmunds at 6.24pm yesterday after a Citroën Berlingo and a motorbike collided.
A spokesperson for the police said: “Police, ambulance and air ambulance all attended the accident. The rider was then taken to hospital by ambulance with serious injuries.”
A volunteer doctor from the Suffolk Accident Rescue Service was also at the scene, who assessed and treated the motorcyclist and accompanied the patient to hospital.
A spokesperson from Suffolk accident rescue service said: “He sustained serious but non life-threatening injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
A recovery vehicle cleared the road of the damaged vehicles.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles