British Transport Police investigating after car bursts through fence and ends up near railway line
- Credit: BTP EAST ANGLIA
A car burst through a fence and ended up perilously close to a railway line near Saxmundham last night.
Police were called at 7.23pm to reports that a vehicle had been driven through a fence onto the live railway line on Kiln Lane in Benhall Green.
On arrival, officers discovered the car had come through a fence but had ended up close to the tracks.
Officers conducted a search of the area but no-one was located.
The British Transport Police (BTP) were called to the scene along with Network Rail.
You may also want to watch:
BTP are now leading the investigations into the incident.
A spokesperson for BTP said that the car had now been removed from the track and that investigations were ongoing.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 4 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 5 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
BTP are asking anyone with any information to come forward and get in touch either by texting them on 61016 or calling them on 0800 405040, quoting the reference 578 of May 2.