Dramatic picture shows smashed up Mini after A14 crash
- Credit: NSRAPT
Drivers experienced severe delays on the A14 this morning after a Mini came off the road and crashed into a barrier.
Officers from Suffolk police were called to reports of the single vehicle collision on the A14 at Rougham just before 8am this morning.
The crash happened on the eastbound carriageway and involved the car hitting the barrier on the near side of the road before going into some trees.
An ambulance was called to attend the incident, but a police spokesman confirmed that the driver was out of the vehicle.
The Norfolk & Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing team attended the incident, tweeting: "Please be very careful on the roads this morning. Very heavy rain with a lot of standing water. We have already attended two RTC's at #Rougham this morning due to aquaplaning."
You may also want to watch:
One lane was blocked following the accident and traffic queued for miles, with tailbacks into Bury St Edmunds. There was also queuing traffic on the westbound carriageway due to onlookers.
The vehicle has now been recovered and traffic has returned to normal.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 8 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 9 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing