Car crashes after driver suffers medical episode in Brandon
- Credit: Tom Potter
A man died during a medical episode which closed London Road in Brandon for several hours today.
Police were called by the ambulance service just after 11am to reports of a single vehicle collision in London Road, where a car had mounted the kerb and struck a fence.
The air ambulance was also in attendance, however the male driver was pronounced deceased at the scene.
It is believed that he may have suffered a medical episode prior to the collision.
The road was closed until 1.30pm but is now open again.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses are asked to contact the Bury St Edmunds Roads Policing Unit on 101 quoting reference CAD 114 of 29 January.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 9 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car