Car crashes into central reservation on A14 near Stowmarket
- Credit: Archant
Police have been called to the scene of crash on the A14 near Stowmarket where a car smashed into the central reservation.
Officers were called at around 11.50am to reports of the collision on the A14 westbound close junction 49 at Tot Hill.
According to a spokeswoman from Suffolk police, the car was quickly moved to a layby and the road is now clear.
She said: “A car has hit the central reservation.
“The car was moved into a layby at 12.09pm.
You may also want to watch:
“Traffic was temporarily backed up on the road.”
A spokesman from the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We were called at 11.44am today to the A14 in Stowmarket to report of a road traffic collision.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 3 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 4 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Former Town loanee joins McCarthy's Cardiff side
“An ambulance crew attended to a man, believed to be in his 50s.
“He was treated at the scene and taken to Ipswich Hospital for further care.
“His condition is not believed to be life-threatening.”
THe road was fully reopened to traffic at around 12.10pm.