Person trapped after car crashes into ditch at cross roads
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
Fire crews are working to free a person who has become trapped inside a vehicle after it crashed into a ditch near Dennington cross roads.
Three fire engines, police and the ambulance service are all at the scene of a single vehicle crash on the B1118 near to Frostley Bridge.
Police were called at 11.40am to reports of a crash on the B1118 junction with the B1116 at Dennington.
A spokesman said it is described as being near to Frostley Bridge junction before Dennington cross roads and a car has crashed into a ditch.
They said: “Two occupants are conscious and breathing but their injuries are unclear.
You may also want to watch:
“The road was closed shortly after 12pm.”
Three fire engines are on scene, from Ipswich East, Framlingham and Stradbroke, along with one ambulance.
- 1 Group fined for travelling more than 10 miles to get a takeaway in lockdown
- 2 Tributes are paid to 'inspirational' teacher Gaynor Jacobs
- 3 Senior Suffolk doctor admits to problems in local vaccine rollout
- 4 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 5 'It's up to Marcus what he does' - Lambert reacts to Sunderland defeat
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 1-0 home loss to Sunderland
- 7 Development of 136 homes approved for rural village
- 8 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 9 First phase of new 2,000 home site approved
- 10 Large drop in coronavirus cases in Ipswich as county cases continue to fall
A spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said that at least one person is trapped inside the vehicle and crews are working to free the occupants safely.