Car “destroyed” in residential street overnight being treated as arson
A car owner had a rude awakening overnight on Monday after his dog alerted him to his vehicle on fire outside his Ipswich home.
The man was woken by his pet dog at around 12.30am to find his car, a Volvo, “well alight” in Alan Road.
Fire crews received multiple calls alerting them to the incident and were on scene before 1am.
One crew from Princes Street was mobilised and used two hose reels to extinguish the blaze, which had been brought under control within 10 minutes.
A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed that the incident was being treated as arson.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It’s not clear how it was set alight but it has resulted in the car being destroyed.”
She added that another car parked next to the Volvo, which belonged to people at the same address, was also slightly damaged as a result.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 9 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
Anyone with information is asked to contact Ipswich police via 101 quoting crime reference IE153528.