Car ends up in ditch after Lidgate crash leaving woman injured
- Credit: Archant
Police, firefighters and paramedics are at the scene of a crash in a west Suffolk village.
Officers were sent to The Street in Lidgate at 7.30am to reports of a collision involving one car which had ended up in a ditch.
According to a police spokesman the car was on its roof and there was a woman inside at the time.
Fire crews from Wickhambrook and Newmarket are also at the scene but it is not clear yet if the woman is trapped.
The police spokesman added: “The car ended up on its roof, upside down in the ditch.
You may also want to watch:
“The female driver is injured but her injuries are not thought to be serious or life-threatening at this time.
“The ambulance service and fire are at the scene with us.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 7 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 10 Plans for new 'ambitious' housing development moves forward
Police have shut The Street at its junction with The Belt in both directions to carry out accident investigation work.
It is not clear yet when it will re-open.