Mercedes failed to stop after collision with horse and teenage rider
- Credit: Archant
A car drove off after colliding with a horse and teenage rider in Charsfield today.
The crash happened soon after 3.35pm today, Thursday December 19, on the B1078, Ipswich Road.
According to a police spokesman, a 19-year-old rider was walking with her horse along the side of the road when they were involved in a collision with a car, described as a blue/silver Mercedes.
The Mercedes failed to stop at the scene of the crash.
The horse rider suffered minor injuries in collision however her horse escaped the crash uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to speak to a anyone who witnessed the incident or anyone who may have dash cam footage of a silver/blue car driving between Wickham Market and Otley on December 19.
Anyone with any information should contact the Roads and Armed Policing Team on 101quoting CAD 255 December 19.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 7 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 8 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 9 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 10 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.