A12 closed both ways as firefighters battle car blaze
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The A12 was closed in both directions this evening as firefighters fought a car fire.
Police were called to the scene on the hard shoulder of the A12 northbound, close to junction 31 at East Bergholt, at 8.01pm on February 4.
When they arrived they found a car on fire and closed the A12 in both directions for the safety of the public.
Firefighters arrived to find the car "well alight", according to a Suffolk Fire and Rescue spokesman.
The fire was extinguished and the road reopened about 8.20pm.
You may also want to watch:
The number of occupants in the car is not known at this time and there are no reported injuries from the scene.
Firefighters left the scene at 8.31pm.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 3 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 4 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 9 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
- 10 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
Police confirmed at 9.20pm that the southbound carriageway was open and one lane of the northbound carriageway was open.