A12 closed after car goes up in flames
Motorists are being warned of severe delays following a crash and car fire on the A12.
Police were called shortly before 12.45pm on Saturday afternoon with reports of a two vehicle crash and car fire on the major road.
Footage shared on social media shows smoke billowing from a car on the northbound carriageway between junction 30 (Stratford St Mary) and junction 31 (East Bergholt).
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police confirmed one lane is closed in each direction while crews work to clear the scene.
The northbound carriageway was initially completely shut, but one lane has since been reopened.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are being warned of serious delays in the area.
• Stay with us as we bring you updates on this breaking story
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk
• Are you at the scene? If it is safe to do so, and you are not driving, please send any pictures or video to email@example.com