Car flips onto its side on A14
FIREFIGHTERS were called to the scene of a crash on the A14 to reports a car was on its side and smoking.
The fire brigade were called at around 3.30pm yesterday to the eastbound carriageway, just before Trimley St Mary.
Crews from Felixstowe, Colchester Road and Princes Street fire stations discovered the vehicle on its side.
A spokesman for the fire service said no one was in the vehicle.
A search of the area was made by police officers and firefighters using a thermal imaging camera.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk police spokesman said the police helicopter was used to help scour the area in a bid to locate the driver.
But no one was found near to the scene.
- 1 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 5 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 6 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 7 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 9 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
He said: “There was no evidence to suggest anyone had been thrown from the car and so we identified where the car was registered.
“Officers eventually located the driver at his home address, safe and well.”
The car had been sold to the owner, who lives in Felixstowe, the day before the accident.