Car stuck in sea near Felixstowe pier
- Credit: JAMIE JOHNSON
A car has become stuck in the water on a beach in Felixstowe.
Police sent a recovery vehicle to the scene shortly after 10pm today, after receiving reports of a Range Rover stuck on the beach near Undercliff Road West in the town.
A woman entered a seaside shop to report she was having difficulty with her vehicle, and needed it to be towed from the water.
A spokesperson for Suffolk police said the recovery operation had been unsuccessful, and the car would likely be entirely submerged by midnight.
He added that it would take a specialist vehicle to remove the car from the sea, which would have to be arranged by the owner and their insurance company.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesperson also confirmed that nobody was injured in the incident.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 6 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 Incoming Town CEO Ashton 'set to poach Bristol City head of football operations' - report