Car stuck in sea near Felixstowe pier
- Credit: JAMIE JOHNSON
A car has become stuck in the water on a beach in Felixstowe.
Police sent a recovery vehicle to the scene shortly after 10pm today, after receiving reports of a Range Rover stuck on the beach near Undercliff Road West in the town.
A woman entered a seaside shop to report she was having difficulty with her vehicle, and needed it to be towed from the water.
A spokesperson for Suffolk police said the recovery operation had been unsuccessful, and the car would likely be entirely submerged by midnight.
He added that it would take a specialist vehicle to remove the car from the sea, which would have to be arranged by the owner and their insurance company.
The spokesperson also confirmed that nobody was injured in the incident.
- 1 Suffolk mum diagnosed with terminal cancer after beating disease twice before
- 2 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 3 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Luton join race for £13k a week Walton
- 5 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's Bolton loss
- 6 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
- 7 Teenage girl grabbed by man in seaside town
- 8 Investigations continue after car crashed into home
- 9 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years
- 10 'A good team and well-coached' - Bolton boss Evatt on Town