Care Home Open Day to be celebrated in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Archant
Two Bury St Edmunds care homes will open their doors to the public for celebrations to mark an national open day focused on creating community relationships.
Glastonbury Court and Davers Court will celebrate Care Home Open Day, an national initiative to create lasting relationships between care homes and their communities.
Glastonbury Court, on Glastonbury Road, is hosting a weekend of Commonwealth-inspired events, starting on Friday, April 20, with ‘Tastes of the Commonwealth’, where people will be able to sample dishes from around the world.
The celebrations continue on Saturday, April 21, when the care home hosts its very own Commonwealth Games, including bean in a can, roll a coin and giant Connect 4.
Budgie Entertainment will perform on Sunday to conclude the celebrations.
Residents at Davers Court, on Shakers Lane, will commemorate the Queen’s 92nd birthday on April 21 for their celebrations with a royal-themed quiz at 11am on Friday followed by a typically British lunch of pie and mash.
A patriotic sing-a-long and traditional dance from 3pm will finish off the celebrations.
- 1 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 5 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
Sharlene Van Tonder, home manager at Glastonbury Court, said: “At Glastonbury Court, we’re always looking for ways to get to know our neighbours and building relationships with the local community.
“Care Home Open Day is a brilliant way of bringing generations together for a fun-filled day.
“We look forward to welcoming the people of Bury St Edmunds for what promises to be a fantastic open day in honour of the Commonwealth.”
Wendy Harvey, home manager at Davers Court, said: “There is already a buzz around the home, as residents prepare for the big day.
“We hope that local people will join us in celebrating the Queen’s birthday and making this year’s Care Home Open Day one to remember.”