Carlton Colville: House blaze overnight
- Credit: Archant
A house blaze caused by an electrical box fire was tackled by firefighters overnight.
Three fire engines were called following reports smoke was billowing from a house in to Ullswater, Carlton Colville, near Lowestoft, at around 3.35am.
An external electrical box had caught alight and flames had spread to the property.
The blaze was extinguished by 4.55am.
A Suffolk police spokesman said there were no reports of any injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “The fire had spread to the cavity and smoke was issuing from the eaves.
“Firefighters worked to cut away the eaves and remove roof tiles and used a thermal image camera to ensure fire was extinguished.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 9 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 10 Publican 'bitterly disappointed' as holiday home plans refused