Cars destroyed by fire

AN investigation has been launched after a car which had been left in a garage was torched today.

TWO cars were destroyed by fire in a Suffolk village overnight - the causes are thought to have been very different.

Firefighters were called to put out a suspicious fire in a car on the old A45 in Levington at about 9.20pm.

About four hours later a car in a garage caught fire - but that is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

Two fire crews, one from Colchester Road in Ipswich and another from Felixstowe, took 45 minutes dousing the flames. They used a water fog and foam jets to extinguish the flames. Crews also cooled a nearby oil tank.