Castle Hedingham: ‘Captured’ charity fundraiser at castle
- Credit: Contributed
TUDORS will be returning to Hedingham Castle as part of a children’s charity fundraising event.
Action for Children is looking for business and community figures to be “captured” at Hedingham Castle later this month.
Armed with just a mobile phone, laptop and a list of contacts, colleagues and friends, the captives’ challenge will be to secure a release fee of at least £500 for Action for Children’s work with vulnerable and neglected children.
Those taking part will be captured by the charity’s guards at 10am on Wednesday, March 20, and have until 1pm to gain their freedom from the historic castle.
The captives will be joined by The Tudor Roses, who will be dressed in authentic-looking Tudor gowns.
Lyndsay Wood, Action for Children’s community fundraiser for Suffolk and Essex, said: “Captured at Hedingham Castle will be a fantastic day and we would love to hear from more people interested in taking part. It’s a chance for local businesses and others in the community to raise vital funds for vulnerable children and young people, while networking in an atmospheric historic setting.”
Community figures and business leaders will be joining those captured at the castle for lunch after the ransom has been raised.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 2 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
- 3 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 4 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 5 Keogh: Why I've joined Town and what I'm here to do
- 6 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's Carabao Cup exit
- 7 Man bitten by dog during fight in east Suffolk street
- 8 Investigation launched after two bodies found
- 9 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 10 Tributes paid to 'very nice couple' found dead at home
Call Lyndsay Wood on 01284 755953 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.