Casualty treated for smoke inhalation after fire at Masons Landfill Site in Great Blakenham

Masons Landfill Site at Great Blakenham.

Masons Landfill Site at Great Blakenham.

A casualty was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a waste recycling compactor at a landfill site to the north of Ipswich last night.

Firefighters from Princes Street and another crew from Sudbury, which had been on standby in Stowmarket, were alerted to reports of the blaze at Masons Landfill Site in Bramford Road, Great Blakenham, shortly after 11.30pm.

The crews discovered a small fire in the waste recycling compactor and used a water backpack along with thermal imaging camera to check the fire was fully out.

The casualty was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics.

Crews were back in base shortly after 1am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus