CCTV appeal after knife-point robbery of Greenstead shop
- Credit: Archant
Staff at a convenience store in Colchester were held up at knife-point yesterday.
A man entered Martin’s newsagents on The Centre, Greenstead, at around 4.15pm and threatened staff with a knife.
He demanded cash from the till, and left after taking the workers handed over the money.
Police now want to speak to the man pictured in the CCTV image in connection with the incident.
The bike rider was white, around 6ft tall, and of slim build. He was wearing a blue jacket and a balaclava, and was seen cycling towards Gorse Walk.
You may also want to watch:
An Essex Police spokesman said: “We appreciate the image isn’t very clear, but if anyone saw a man matching this description in or around the area at the time of the incident or has information, please call.”
Anyone with information should contact Colchester police station on 101 quoting incident 757 of November 23. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 5 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk