Detectives release CCTV images after knifepoint robbery in Braintree
- Credit: Archant
Essex Police have released CCTV images after staff at a betting shop in Braintree were threatened with a knife.
The robbery happened at around 1.30pm on Monday May 28, when a man entered the Coral bookmakers in Great quare and demanded money from the till.
After threatening staff with a knife, the man made off with a three-figure cash sum of cash.
The man has been described as white, in his mid-to-late 20s and standing around 5ft 8inches tall. He had ginger facial hair and wore a grey hooded top with a Nike logo. He had a green ‘SPAR’ carrier bag.
The man shown in the CCTV images is white, wearing a light hooded top, a dark blue baseball cap and blue jeans.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who recognises him or anyone with information is asked to call 101 and speak to Braintree CID, quoting reference number 588 of 28/05.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 .
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 4 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 5 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 6 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 7 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 8 A14 closed after serious crash between van and car
- 9 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 10 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident