Did you see Channel 5 documentary on Suffolk holiday resort?
- Credit: Archant
Center Parcs’ Suffolk holiday resort in Elveden Forest featured prominently in a Channel 5 documentary on Friday night - did you watch it?
Secrets of Center Parcs delved into the history of the woodland holiday parks, of which there are now five in the UK.
The second of Center Parcs’ resorts, which opened in Elveden Forest in 1989, was the focus of the much of the documentary.
This included a look back at a devastating fire in April 2002, which saw more than 200 firefighters on the scene as they desperately tackled the blaze.
The documentary also explored the rebuilding process and how the resort managed to attract visitors back after the fire destroyed the central plaza.
You may also want to watch:
Rebuilding work began several months after the fire - and the resort celebrated its 30th anniversary last year.
The documentary also explored what made the resorts so popular with Brits, with their offer of woodland cycling, swimming and outdoor activities a huge draw for tourists.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay