Chaos for travellers on trains and road
THOUSANDS of travellers faced chaos tonight after a major road closure and severe disruption to the trains.Rail services in both directions on the London to Norwich line are delayed for up to 80 minutes after an overhead wire problem in the Hatfield Peverel area.
THOUSANDS of travellers faced chaos tonight after a major road closure and severe disruption to the trains.
Rail services in both directions on the London to Norwich line are delayed for up to 80 minutes after an overhead wire problem in the Hatfield Peverel area.
One train caught at the forefront of the problems, the 5.50pm service from London, was stuck on the track for around five hours.
Meanwhile, the M11 in Essex was closed for several hours between junctions eight and nine at Bishops Stortford and Saffron Walden after a serious crash in which one person is believed to have died.
You may also want to watch:
The fault on the London mainline was first reported at 6.30pm and rail users faced lengthy disruption while engineers worked to fix the problem.
The 5.50pm train from London to Norwich was still stuck at Hatfield Peverel at 10pm tonight.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 5 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 6 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 9 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 10 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday
A spokesman for train operator One said engineers were working overnight with Network Rail to try and get services back to normal for this morning.