Charlie Haylock to host talks in celebration of Suffolk Day
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk dialect expert and cartoonist Charlie Haylock is hosting four talks on the county’s unique way of speaking in celebration of Suffolk Day.
Charlie, who penned the popular 'Sloightly on the Huh' book, is hosting the first talk at the Quay Theatre in Sudbury at 7.30pm on Wednesday, June 19.
The venue had a special place in Charlie's heart - it was there he stepped on stage for the very first time 15 years ago.
On Saturday, June 22, from 7pm, he is hosting a talk at St Peter's Church Hall in Stowmarket and then will host a private talk at Haverhill Rotary Club on Monday, June 24.
His final talk takes place at the Sir John Mills Theatre in Ipswich at 7.45pm on Friday, June 28.
Tickets for the Sudbury and Stowmarket events are while the Ipswich talk costs £20 and includes a free drink.
Charlie said: "It will be an eccentric look on spoken English with a big emphasis on Suffolk dialect."
- 1 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 4 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 5 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 6 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Crewe Alexandra: Celina brilliance just about enough to see Blues home
- 10 'The bigger picture is the result' - Cook on Crewe win
On Suffolk Day itself, Friday June 21, Charlie will be joining the BBC Radio Suffolk team in Bury St Edmunds.