Inquest opens into death of much-loved 22-year-old in car crash
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old woman killed in a car crash on the A12 was the front-seat passenger in a car involved in the accident, an inquest has heard.
Charlotte Oakes, from Westleton, was travelling in a blue Peugeot 206 that lost control and was involved in a collision with a black Isuzu D-Max on the A12 in Frostenden.
Miss Oakes was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, which happened at around 6pm on Wednesday, October 18. The driver of the Peugeot was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge for treatment.
The man behind the wheel of the Isuzu suffered minor cuts and bruises in the crash.
In the aftermath of the crash, tributes poured in over social media.
You may also want to watch:
A friend of Miss Oakes said: “Charlotte was a sweet girl, funny and kind to everyone. The memories I have with her will always be cherished, I am so saddened and still in so much shock.”
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 3 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 4 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 5 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 7 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 8 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 9 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan