Planned roadworks in Suffolk and north Essex this week
- Credit: Su Anderson
Plan your journeys this week in advance by finding out what work Highways England are doing to our roads.
A12 junction 25 to 19, Chelmsford to Colchester:
Work to improve road user safety on the A12 begins this week by surface repairs and road marking renewals. The southbound between junctions 25 and 19 will be closed Monday to Thursday nights between 8pm and 6am. A signed diversion route will be in place via the A120, A131 and A130.
A12 northbound/A120, Crown Interchange:
Work to repair joints at the A12 Kilnwood bridge starts Monday, September 17. The work will last six nights and working hours will be 9pm to 6am, weeknights only. While the work takes place the A120 entry slip from the A12 northbound will be closed. Traffic will be diverted to continue along the A12 before turning around at junction 31.
A12 and A120, Essex:
An ongoing programme of work to repair damaged safety barriers along the A12 and A120 in various locations continues this week. Work will take place from 8pm to 6am on weeknights, during this time there will be single lane closure past the area being worked on.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 3 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 8 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
A12 junction 28 to 27, Colchester:
Work to maintain road user safety continues this week. The A12 southbound between junctions 28 and 27 will be closed on weeknights between 8pm and 6am. Road users will be diverted via junction 28, Axial Way, Severalls Lane, A1232 Ipswich Road, Cowdray Avenue and Cymbeline Way back to junction 27.
A120 Hare Green roundabout, Harwich Road, Essex:
Safety improvements are being carried out meaning the Harwich Road junction with the A120 and the central reserve gap by Park Road are now closed.