Planned roadworks in Suffolk and north Essex this week
- Credit: Su Anderson
Plan your journeys this week in advance by finding out what work Highways England are doing to our roads.
A12 junction 25 to 19, Chelmsford to Colchester:
Work to improve road user safety on the A12 begins this week by surface repairs and road marking renewals. The southbound between junctions 25 and 19 will be closed Monday to Thursday nights between 8pm and 6am. A signed diversion route will be in place via the A120, A131 and A130.
A12 northbound/A120, Crown Interchange:
Work to repair joints at the A12 Kilnwood bridge starts Monday, September 17. The work will last six nights and working hours will be 9pm to 6am, weeknights only. While the work takes place the A120 entry slip from the A12 northbound will be closed. Traffic will be diverted to continue along the A12 before turning around at junction 31.
You may also want to watch:
A12 and A120, Essex:
An ongoing programme of work to repair damaged safety barriers along the A12 and A120 in various locations continues this week. Work will take place from 8pm to 6am on weeknights, during this time there will be single lane closure past the area being worked on.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 4 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 5 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 10 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
A12 junction 28 to 27, Colchester:
Work to maintain road user safety continues this week. The A12 southbound between junctions 28 and 27 will be closed on weeknights between 8pm and 6am. Road users will be diverted via junction 28, Axial Way, Severalls Lane, A1232 Ipswich Road, Cowdray Avenue and Cymbeline Way back to junction 27.
A120 Hare Green roundabout, Harwich Road, Essex:
Safety improvements are being carried out meaning the Harwich Road junction with the A120 and the central reserve gap by Park Road are now closed.