Who will be crowned the best chef in Suffolk?
Judges put six chefs to the test in the Eat Suffolk Food and Drink Awards 2018 cook-off.
Six chefs went head to head this afternoon (Thursday, April 5) in the battle to be named the best chef in Suffolk.
Dave Wall, of The Unruly Pig, Mauli Dwivedi of The Turk’s Head, Luke Cornelius of The Angel in Bury St Edmunds, Justin Kett of The Swan in Lavenham, Brian Powlett of The Knife of Brian and James Barber of The White Lion Hotel in Aldeburgh competed in the kitchens of West Suffolk College’s Edmunds restaurant.
After a surprise omelette challenge, the chefs produced three courses for a panel of judges including Richard Bainbridge of Benedicts Restaurant, Norwich, Eat editor Charlotte Smith-Jarvis, and category sponsor Jam Tartz.
The six chefs will be whittled down to four finalists, with the winner of Suffolk Chef of the Year being announced at a glittering evening ceremony at Wherstead Park on April 30.
You may also want to watch:
If you want to experience the awards first-hand and mingle with some of Suffolk’s finest food and drink producers and purveyors, tickets are currently being sold for the event.
The evening begins at 6.30pm with a drinks reception, before a three course dinner with wine on the table is served, preceding the awards. Book your place (£65pp plus VAT) by emailing Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 6 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 7 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 8 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 9 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 10 Long queues at Primark from 7am in Ipswich as lockdown eases