Chelmsford lorry driver arrested after fatal crash
A lorry driver from Chelmsford has been arrested after a fatal crash in Kent yesterday (Saturday).
Cyclist Barbara Phipps, 73, from Lynsted, Kent, was killed following the collision with an HGV on the A12 London Road in Teynham at 10.15am.
Senior investigating officer Sergeant Hannah Brown said: “The HGV and the cyclist were both heading towards Sittingbourne when the collision occurred opposite the Swan pub.
“We have already spoken to a number of witnesses but are keen to speak to anyone else who saw the incident and has yet to speak to us, or who saw the cyclist or the HGV prior to the collision.”
The lorry driver, aged 58, was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and failing to stop.
You may also want to watch:
He has been bailed until July 5 while enquiries continue.
Anyone with information is asked call the dedicated SCIU appeal line on 01622 798538 quoting 13-0365. Alternatively email email@example.com.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 3 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 4 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 5 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 8 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 10 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience