Chelmsford: Police appeal for witnesses after driver, 30, killed in crash
- Credit: Archant
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a man died in a car crash.
The two vehicle accident, involving a silver Citroen Xsara and a silver Volkswagen Caddy, happened just before 6.45pm on Friday on the A414 Ongar Road in Writtle, near to Cooksmill Green.
The driver of the Citroen, a man believed to be in his 30s from Chelmsford, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The woman driver of the van suffered serious leg injuries and was taken to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford.
The road was closed until around midnight for initial investigations.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the serious collision investigation unit on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 2 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 3 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 6 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 7 Automatics out-of-reach and making the play-offs a real battle? The size of the task now facing Ipswich
- 8 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 9 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 10 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village