Chelmsford: Police are linking burglaries in Mayne Crest and Downsway
- Credit: Copyright Archant Norfolk Ltd
Thieves have forced open the front doors of two houses during burglaries in Chelmsford.
Both happened in the Springfield suburb of the city between 11pm on Wednesday and 7am the next day and are being linked by police.
The first break-in happened in Mayne Crest where thieves stole a handbag and its contents, all valued at just under £300.
The second happened on nearby Downsway, with thieves taking a laptop.
Investigating Officer Dc Ray Hull said: “We’re keen to speak to anyone who saw any suspicious behaviour, activity or unusual vehicles on the streets of Springfield during that Wednesday night, early Thursday morning.
“In addition, we would like to hear from anyone who has been offered a cream fake Louis Vuitton handbag with matching purse, a share certificate or a dark silver Toshiba laptop in unusual circumstances within the past week.”
Police are reminding homeowners to close and lock doors and windows.
- 1 Go-ahead given for 74 new affordable homes for Suffolk town
- 2 Norwood holds talks with one of Town's fellow League One rivals
- 3 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash
- 4 See inside stunning £1.85M home with 'fabulous' outside pool and paddocks
- 5 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 6 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 7 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 8 Gameday: 'Great to be back!' Blue Army at Needham give their thoughts
- 9 Missing 17-year-old boy found safe
- 10 Hunt continues for group of youths who pushed man to ground and stole bike
Those with uPVC doors should lock them by turning the handle up and using the key, even when indoors.
Anyone with information in connection with these two burglaries is urged to contact detectives at Chelmsford police station on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.