Chelmsford: Police car blaze following collision
A POLICE car burst into flames after hitting a traffic island.
It is the second accident involving an Essex police vehicle in 24 hours.
Police are appealing for witnesses to a collision which involved a police vehicle in Chelmsford.
At about 9.30pm last night, Friday, July 20, a police car responding to an incident was in collision with a traffic island in Main Road, Broomfield near to the junction with Ridley Road. The vehicle then caught fire.
The two male constables in the vehicle were taken by ambulance to Broomfield Hospital. The passenger was later discharged while the driver was kept in overnight as a precaution.
No other vehicles were involved. The road was closed until around 2am.
Anyone with information is asked to contact officers at the Dunmow road policing unit on 101.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 6 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 7 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 10 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson