Chelmsford: Police concerns over missing man
OFFICERS have appealed for information after a man went missing in Essex yesterday.
A widespread search is being carried out across woods and farmland around Writtle and to the west of Chelmsford in an attempt to find 38-year-old Adam Holgate.
It started just after 6.45am yesterday after Mr Holgate’s black Seat Ibiza was found abandoned on farmland off Roxwell Road in Writtle.
The Essex police helicopter and police dogs have helped with the search which is being carried out by officers and volunteers from Lowland Search and Rescue Team.
Members of the Essex police marine unit have also been involved in searches along ditches and streams.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are following one line of inquiry after a member of the public reported seeing a man of Mr Holgate’s description walking along Roxwell Road at 5am yesterday.
Inspector Mark Abbott said: “We are extremely worried for Mr Holgate’s safety and urge anyone who has seen him or know where he might have gone to contact us urgently.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 5 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 10 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
“We know that Mr Holgate had been facing difficulties recently and over the past few weeks he had been living in his car.
“The fact that the car appeared to have been abandoned suddenly, with the engine still running, gives us great concern for Mr Holgate’s welfare.”
Mr Holgate is 5ft 9ins tall, of average build, has blue eyes and a large mole on his upper lip.
Anyone with information should call officers at Chelmsford on 101.