Chelmsford: Teen needed surgery on broken jaw after assault
A TEENAGER required an operation to fix his broken jaw after being punched in the face at a nightclub.
The 17-year-old boy had been talking to an unknown woman on the dance floor in Evoke, Chelmsford, at 2am on October 25, when he was approached by his attacker who punched him in the face, causing him to fall to the floor.
Investigating officers Dc John Robinson said: “This assault was only reported to us a couple of days after as the victim had been in hospital, recovering from surgery on his broken jaw.
“He had got a taxi to hospital after leaving the nightclub.
“As well as witnesses to the punch, we’re keen to identify and speak to the girl that this boy had been talking to as she too is a key witness.”
You may also want to watch:
The attacker was white, aged in his early to mid 20s, of slim build, around 6ft 1ins tall and has short, spiky hair.
Anyone with information should call detectives at Chelmsford police station on 101.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Woman's body found in village home
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 9 Rapist subjected two children to 'unimaginable ordeal' over five years
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge