Man jailed for more than four years after serious assault in Chelmsford
- Credit: Archant
A Chelmsford man has been jailed for more than four years following a nightclub assault in the city.
Ryan Revel, of Perry Hill, Chelmsford, pleaded guilty to wounding with intent at Chelmsford Crown Court, on Thursday, September 6 and was today, Monday, September 10, sentenced to a total of 53 months in prison.
Revel, 24, was out at Evoke night club in Chelmsford between January 17 and January 18 when he became involved in a verbal argument with a man in the club smoking area.
The argument led Revel using a glass to punch the man in the face, causing serious facial injuries which later required surgery.
Revel was detained by security and arrested at the venue.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer DC Claire Hicks, of Chelmsford CID, said: “From the moment he was interviewed, Revel clearly understood that his actions were unacceptable.
“I hope this sentence gives him time to consider the consequences of his behaviour and provides the victim with some peace of mind.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England