Chevington: Kitchen fire causes severe smoke damage

FIREFIGHTERS have been called out to a kitchen fire today which has left a house filled with smoke.

Crews from Wickhambrook and Bury St Edmunds attended the blaze in Depden Lane, Chevington, just after 3.45pm today.

They arrived to find the fire – which is thought to have started in a microwave oven – had left the kitchen heavily smoke-logged and had to use two breathing apparatus and a hose reel to battle the flames.

They had the incident under control by 4.07pm and stayed on scene to clear the property of smoke.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus